Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I'm not very patriotic.... I know that's pretty bad....but I do celebrate with the rest of these crazy Americans. I never went out and bought a 4th of July shirt, or sparkly red, white and blue headbands or glasses but I will BBQ a steak,drink a beer and light fireworks with the rest of them.
Last night, we deliriously put together a two burner gas grill BBQ...omg! Insane! I had no idea of all the hard work involved trying to put together a freakin BBQ. For some reason I thought they came all pretty and finished. When I saw the box I didn't exactly freak out....but when we opened it I was like HOLY MOLY!!!!
Pieces of metal, and valves, and knobs, and screws...AHHHHHHHH!!! Talk about intimidation! I thought we would never finish!
I'm kind of a visual learner, so thank God each instructional step came with pictures! I was able to actually lend a hand in some of the harder parts. Although, there were three times were I got frustrated with Petey and I quit.
 The first time I quit I walked over to my laptop and got on facebook while he kept working. The second  time I the instruction book down, and picked up my Taco Bell nachos instead. By the third time, I committed to just giving up and sat on a nearby chair and watched. Building a BBQ is hard work!
I'm sure I'm not the only GF who has quit a project on her bf because he was getting frustrated. Girls were not meant for that kind of work! What did he expect?!
I've been spoiled my whole life.... I have three brothers, a father, and grandpa who took care of all the "boy stuff" for me. I never had to pick up a tool or put things together. I'm kind of glad that Petey kind of makes me help or at least shows me things because I don't think I could manage if something happened to him. I'd be sad with a lot of unfinished things that need to be put together!
Maybe if he bought me a pink drill I might be more enthused about building and fixing things.... but then again I think owning a pink drill sounds better than actually using it! Oh well.... maybe one day I'll actually finish a project.
 Shout out to my boyfriend, Petey, for taking the lead and getting us thru this difficult task! Did, I mention he is also a chef who is making me a steak later... Mmmmmm!!
Happy 4th of July!!!

-FranQueen XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment